Add new certificate
To add a new SSL certificate, click the "New" icon and fill out the form.
The form fields may vary depending on the certificate type:
- Certificate type - choose an SSL certificate type:
Self-signed and request
- Certificate name - enter a certificate name.
- Certificate type - select "Self-signed" or "Request".
- Key length - select the length of the certificate key.
- Valid until - certificate expiration date. This form is not displayed if you choose "Request" in the "Certificate type" form.
- 2 Letter Country Code - enter the two-letter ISO code for the country where your organization is located, such as US or BE'.
- State/province - provide the state or region where your organization is located.
- City - enter the the city or locality where your organization is located.
- Organization - enter the the legal name of your organization.
- Organizational unit - enter the division of your organization handling the certificate.
- WWW domain - select the WWW domain the certificate is generated for. When choosing "Other" the following forms will be displayed:
- Common name - provide a name of the WWW domain, if the certificate is issued for one.
- Alternate names - provide a list of additional names for the certificate, It can be aliases of the WWW domain you provided above, or its IP address.
- Email - provide an email address.
- Name - SSL certificate unique name.
- Certificate type - select "Existing".
- Certificate key - enter the key file content.
- Certificate - enter the contents of the certificate.
- Password - enter the password for adding a certificate with encrypted key.
- Certificates chain - a certificate chain is a sequence of certificates, where each certificate in the chain is signed by the subsequent certificate. Required for the third level and higher certificates.