Announcements are public messages in the billing panel that can be used to inform your customers of changes, news, scheduled maintenance works that are going to be performed on a server, project, datacenter, etc. They contain exact date and time when the works start and finish. The customers can see the notifications when they log in to the system.
This function will allow you to notify your customers beforehand about possible problems and errors that may occur while they are working in the system.
In this module you can add new announcements, edit and delete existing ones.
View a list of announcements
- ID - announcement unique identifier.
- Name - brief description of the message.
- Start time - time when the work will start.
- Time of completion - the exact time of completion.
- Status - current status of the notification (Completed, In progress, Scheduled).
Create new announcement
To add a new announcement, click the "New" icon and fill out the following form:
The Options tab
- Name - enter the name for the announcement.
- Recipient - select a recipient who the announcement will be published to:
- Clients - this announcement will be sent to the selected customers In the "Clients" filed provide the names of the customers.
- Server - you can select clients who will able to view the announcement based on which server their packages reside on. You can provide the required servers in the "Server" field below.
- Datacenter - you can select datacenters, which clients will able to view the announcement. Provide the required datacenters in the "Datacenter" field below.
- Project - you can select which clients are able to view the announcement based on which project their services belong to. Provide the required project in the "Project" field below.
- Start date - select the date when the work will start.
- Start time - select the time when the work will start.
- Estimated date of completion - enter the exact date (YY:DD:MM).
- Estimated time of completion - enter the exact time (HH:MM:SS)
- Time zone - select your time zone.
- Block - check the box to forbid your customers to submit trouble tickets until the work is over.
The "Default" tab:
- Heading - provide a heading for your announcement.
- Announcement / Auto complete - provide a text that your users will read. Clicking the "Auto complete" link will enable you to choose a pre-defined messages, which can be added or modified in the Templates of answers module.
To edit an announcement, locate the one you wish to edit, click the "Edit" icon and modify the settings you want to change.
To delete an announcement, select it from the list and click the "Delete" icon. Confirm that you wish to delete the notification by clicking OK on the following form.