Backup plan management (ISPmanager)
You can enable or disable any of the backup plans, manage the items to be backed up, add new plans and edit their properties.
Backup copies created according to plans that you create in this module can be found in the Backup archives module.
- View a list of backup plans
- Add new plan
- Edit plan parameters
- Delete plan
- Enable the selected backup plan
- Disable the selected backup plan
- Back up now
- View the backup content
View a list of backup plans
- ID - plan unique identifier.
- Backup plan name - name of the backup plan.
- Options - possible statuses of the backup plan:
- - this backup plan is active.
- - this backup plan is disabled.
- - back up to local folder.
- - back up to remote FTP server.
- - the backup will be done in ZIP format.
- - the backup is done in RAR format.
- - the backup will be done in TGZ format.
- - the backup will be done in TBZ2 format.
- - backup in progress.
- Period - period when the backup copies are to be made.
- Start time - time when a backup copy is to be made.
- Limit - maximum number of daily, weekly and monthly backups.
Add new plan
To add a new backup plan, click the "New" icon and fill out the form:
- Plan name - backup plan unique name.
- Storage - select the place to store the backups. This can be local or remote FTP or SFTP directory.
- Local directory - enter a path to the local directory or remote FTP server directory. If any of the remote servers are selected as a storage, the following fields will be displayed:
- FTP server - domain name or IP-address of the remote FTP or SFTP server to store backup copies at.
- Login - enter a username to access the FTP server.
- Password - enter a password to access the FTP server.
- Directory - enter an FTP server directory to store backups.
- Archiver - select a format to store the backups. The formats depend on the software installed on your server. Note, that zip does not support archives of more than 2 GB.
- Period - select the backup period.
- Start time (hh:mm) - select time to start a backup.
- Daily archives - the number of daily backups stored.
- Weekly archives - the number of weekly backups stored.
- Monthly archives - the number of monthly backups stored.
- User can delete backups - check the box to allow users to delete archives by themselves.
- Overwrite the existing backup - check the box to overwrite the already existent backup.
- Compression level - this feature allows to optimize size of the archive. The backup compression level range changes from 1 to 9, where 1 gives the lowest level and 9 gives the best compression.
Edit plan parameters
To edit a backup plan, locate the plan, click the "Edit" icon and modify the settings you want to change.
PLEASE NOTE! Once you have changed the backup's name, archiver or backup plan, old backups will not be accessible through ISPmanager.
To delete a plan, select it from the list and click the "Delete" icon. Confirm that you want to delete the selected backup plan by clicking "OK" in the following window.
- Delete the associated archives - select the check box to delete the archives that were created according to this plan.
If the check box is cleared, deleting the backup plan will not cause deletion of the archives created according to this plan. However, you won't be able to access them through the control panel.