Categories allow to classify trouble tickets to the Support center, facilitate their processing and provide quicker assistance to customers. When creating a ticket to the Support center (see the Active tickets module), the customers can choose a category related to their problem, such as "Finance" or "Marketing". Depending on the selected category, the ticket will be assigned to a responsible administrator who will be in charge for the issue.
This module can be used to manage these categories: you can add a new category, edit and delete the existing one, specify additional parameters, and assign responsible departments. You can also set up so called ticket weight to specify its priority for the technical support staff.
- View a list of categories
- Create new category
- Edit category
- Delete category
- Enable a category
- Disable a category
- Filter the list
- Category product types
- Ticket weight
View a list of categories
- Name - name of the category.
- Default department - default department that will be in charge for the issue, if a customer does not specify it clearly.
- Price - technical support fee.
- Project - provider's project associated with the services provided
- Properties - current category status:
Create new category
To create a new category, click the "New" icon and fill out the following form:
- Name - enter the name for the category.
- Default department - select a default department that will be in charge for the issue.
- Project - enter the provider's project associated with the services provided (available only in BILLmanager Corporate). The currency that is used for transactions is specified in brackets.
- Ticket category - select whether to charge customers for the technical support, if he selects this category, or not. If you want to add a paid category, you need first to create a service package and provide "Technical support" as an item type.
- Full access - check the box to make this category available for all products and services that the customer may order.
- News category - check the box to allow the customer to subscribe to this category.
- Alert - enter an alert message that the customer will see when selecting this category in his support system. Leave the filed blank if you do not want to inform your customers.
To edit a category, locate the one you wish to edit, click the "Edit" icon and modify the settings you want to change.
To delete a category, select it from the list and click the "Delete" icon. Confirm that you wish to delete the category by clicking OK on the following form.
Filter the list
You can use the list filter to search the information about category by specific parameters. To initiate searching, click the "Filter" icon and fill out the form. You do not need to fill out all the fields. The search can be carried out by the ID, name, default department, project and status.
Once the filter is set, the list will be filtered by category. You can clear the filter that you have previously set by clicking the "Remove filter" button.