Q: I have installed DSmanager, but the dhcpd server could not start, what's the problem?
A: Some operating system use isc-dhcpd-server which won't start unless at least one local network is added. To add one, log in to DSmanager go to the "Settings" section -> the Local networks module.
Q: I have installed DSmanager on CentOS 5, the installation of a template is followed by the "installation failed" error message.
A: gnu tar 1.15.1 is used on CentOS 5, whereas the templates are packed with a newer version of the archiver. To solve this issue, update tar:
- wget http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/tar/tar-1.26.tar.gz
- tar xfz tar-1.26.tar.gz
- yum install gcc make -y
- cd tar-1.*
- ./configure FORCE_UNSAFE_CONFIGURE=1
- make install
- yum remove tar
- ln -s /usr/local/bin/tar /bin/tar
CentOS 6 does not encounter such problems.
Q: I have installed DSmanager and cannot collect traffic via SNMP
A: To be able to collect traffic via SNMP, go to the Equipment management module to create the SNMP 1/2c/3 switch:
- Name: name of the switch
- IP address: physical IP address of the switch
- Username: if you set up SNMPv1/2c, leave this field blank, if you run SNMPv3, provide the following parameters:
- Password: SNMP community
- Rack: provide a location of the switch
- Device type: network switch
- Device: select the previously created switch
- Port: select the port to which the server is connected and select the check box "Type the port manually" and provide a port in the "Port" field.
The port number is specified according to the output snmpwalk -c community -v 2c switch_ip 184.108.40.206.220.127.116.11.1.2, where community is an SNMP password, switch_ip is a switch IP address. Example: IF-MIB::ifDescr.11 = STRING: FastEthernet5/1, the port number in DSmanager is 11.
The utility /usr/local/ispmgr/sbin/getstat is used for statistics collection. Add a cron job:
*/15 * * * * /usr/local/ispmgr/sbin/getstat
i.e. statistics on traffic consumption will be collected every 15 minutes.
Information in the "In/Out" fields will be displayed on the following day after statistics has been collected.
Q: I have installed DSmanager. The installation of the dedicated server is followed by the error message "Subnet not found for the IP address "#.#.#.#"
A: To solve this issue, read the information in the article Quick start
Q: How to delete IP addresses without ping?
A: Add Option DisableIpCheck into the /usr/local/ispmgr/etc/dsmgr.conf file.
Q: How to add a server without providing the IP address?
A: You may enter none into the "IP address" field.