Database users management (ISPmanager)
Once you have created the database, you will need to add users and define their privileges to manage the database.The same user can access a number of databases, whereas several users may perform different operations over the same database.
View a list of users
- User name - database user name.
- Privileges - user access permissions:
- - the user is able to read data from the database.
- - the user is able to write data to the database.
- - the user is able to change the database structure.
Create new user
To create a new user, click the "New" icon and fill out the form:
- Database user - select an existing database user or add a new user.
- User name - enter a name for the database user.
- Password - enter a password to access the database.
- Re-enter password - retype the password to ensure that it has been entered correctly
- Allow remote access - check the box to allow the user to access the database from a remote computer. If the box is not selected only local access will be allowed.
- List of IP addresses - enter the IP address that will be allowed to access the database. You can enter a single IP-address, (126.96.36.199), a mask (188.8.131.52/24) or a range (184.108.40.206-220.127.116.11).
User access to the database
- Data access - check the box if you want to grant the database user with privileges to perform read, update and delete operations.
- Structure access - check the box if you want to grant the database user with privileges to perform database structure modification operations.
- Other - check the box if you want to grand extra privileges to this database user.
Edit user parameters
To edit a database user, locate the user you wish to edit, click the "Edit" icon and modify the settings you want to change.
To delete a data base user, select it from the list and click the "Delete" icon. Confirm that you want to delete the selected database user by clicking "OK" in the following window.