A Department in BILLmanager allows to grant specific functions to administrators for managing customer accounts. You can create a department and provide it with permissions to perform specific functions in the billing panel, rather than create a single administrator. For example, you can create a "Technical support" department that will deal with technical issues. Or you can add a "Finance" department and allow its members to manage payments, invoices, contracts and perform other finance operations.
See also the article BILLmanager initial setup.
In this module you can create and customize new departments, edit their privileges, add and assign administrators to a particular department, specify a time-table of each department for your customers to know when their problem will be resolved (for instance, if the administrator does not work 24 hours, you will notify a customer about this and approximate time when he will be responded).
- View a list of departments
- Create new department
- Edit department
- Delete department
- Business hours
- Department members
- Department permissions
View a list of departments
- ID - department unique identifier.
- Name - department name.
Create new department
To create a new department, click the "New" icon and fill out the form:
- Name - enter the name for the department.
- Language - choose a default language that will be used in tickets and messages sent to customers.
- Department head - provide a department head who will be able to read and manage all the tickets assigned to his administrators.
- Support center - check the box to allow the department process customer's tickets in the support center.
- Remote department - if this check box is selected, all the tickets assigned to this department will be proxied remote department. For more information read the article External technical support.
- Notes - field for additional information.
To edit a department, locate the department you wish to edit, click the "Edit" icon and modify the settings you want to change.
To delete a department, select it from the list and click the "Delete" icon. Confirm that you wish to delete the department by clicking OK on the following form.
With this function you may set business ours for a department to inform your customers about approximate time when they will get a response from the Support center. When creating a ticket, a customer will see when he is expected to receive an answer from support specialists.
Locate a department you need, click the "Work Time" icon and fill out the form:
- Time zone - select the local time the department is working in.
- Schedule - enter a period at which the department stuff must process a client's ticket.
- Monday - Sunday - specify whether these days are holidays or working days. You can also enter department's business hours.
- Holidays - enter a time of rest from work for your department (YYYY-DD-MM, use ":" or "-" for the interval ).
Once you have filled out this form, your users will be notified when they are likely to receive an answer from the technical support specialist. This information can be found in the form for submitting a new trouble ticket in the Open tickets module.