Domain name management
A Domain name is a unique set of symbols (the Latin alphabet letters, digits, hyphen and the dot) that allows to associate a web-resource with an IP-address where it is located.
The Domain names module allows you to perform the following operations:
- Register a domain name;
- Import a domain name;
- Renew a domain name;
- Change the DNS list for a domain name.
- Import the domains from another registrar into the billing panel.
Before you order a new service of this type we will verify your phone number. The corresponding message will be displayed on the toolbar banner. To proceed to verification click "More information".
Learn more about fraud protection and telephone verification here.
- View a list of registered domain names
- Register new domain names
- Edit domain name
- Delete domain name registration request
- Whois data
- Register/transfer domain name
- Renew domain name
- Filter the domain list
- Edit contact data
- Import domain name
- Attach files
View a list of registered domain names
- ID - domain unique identifier.
- Name - domain name.
- Expiration date - registration expiration date.
- Auto-renewal - domain will be automatically renewed for the set period.
- Status - current domain status:
- Ordered - order for domain name registration or transfer has been placed, but the service has not been paid for (in the Orders module the order's status is "open").
- Registration in progress - the registrar is processing the order (registration, transfer or renewing is taking place).
- Delegated (Active) - domain name has been registered and now it is active.
- Not delegated (inactive) - domain name has not been delegated and it is not active.
- Deleted - domain name has been removed by the user or provider.
Edit domain name
To modify the domain's parameters, select it from the list, click the "Edit" icon and fill out the form. It contains the information about registered domains, name servers and contacts of the person who has registered the domain.
Note Once the domain name registration is complete, You cannot change the domain's name and domain zone.
The Domain tab
- Domain name - name of the domain to be changed.
- Domain zone - domain zone (such as org, .com,).
- Auto-renewal - domain name will be automatically renewed in the specified period.
The Contacts tab:
- Owner - follow the link to view and edit the contact information of the person who registered the domain.
- Administrator - follow the link to view and edit the contact information of the administrative contact.
- Technical support - follow the link to view and edit the contact information of the technical contact.
- Financial administrator - follow the link to view and edit the contact information of the billing contact.
The DNS servers tab:
- Name server 1 - first DNS-server host name.
- Name server 2 - second DNS-server host name.
- Name server 3 - third DNS-server host name.
- Name server 4 - forth DNS-server host name.
- Edit the selected domain NS - check the box to edit the selected domain name server.
Delete domain name registration request
To delete a domain name registration request, select it from the list and click the "Delete" icon. Confirm that you wish to delete the request by clicking OK on the following form.
Whois is a program that can be used to find the information about a domain name. This information usually contains the name, address, and phone number of the administrative, billing, and technical contacts of the domain name. WHOIS can also be used to check whether a certain domain name is available or if it has already been registered.
To use this function, select a domain name and click the "Whois" icon. A new form with the information about the selected domain name will be displayed:
- Domain - name of the selected domain.
- WHOIS server - host name of the WHOIS server that is used for getting domain information.
Register/transfer domain name
This function is used for re-registration or transfer of the domain name, if the previous attempt failed due an error. In this case a letter describing incorrect or missing data will be sent to the All tickets module.
Go to the Domain contacts module to change the required information and repeat the registration procedure by clicking the "Retry" icon.
- Cost - the cost is set automatically.
- Pay by - select the desired payment method from the drop-down menu:
- Current balance - this function is available, if You have already made payments and there is sufficient amount of money on your personal account.
- Add to the order... - if You have an open order (if You order several services and want to pay them all in one), it is possible to add payment to the said order.
- Crate new account - create a new account, which can be viewed and paid in the Orders module.
Renew domain name
Two weeks prior to the domain name expiration it is automatically updated for the specified period. If this function is disabled, a corresponding notification banner will appear on the toolbar, and a warning letter will be e-mailed to the customer. To renew the domain name manually, select the domain name and click the "Renew" icon.
- Period - choose the length of the registration period.
- Cost - depending on the period specified, the cost will be set automatically.
- Pay by - choose a desired payment method:
- Current balance - this function is available, if you have already made payments and there is sufficient amount of money on your personal account.
- Add to order... - if you have an order and want want to pay for all your orders at a time.
- Add new order - create a new account, which you can view and pay in the Orders module.
Filter the domain list
You can use the list filter to search the information about domain by specific parameters. To initiate searching, click the "Filter" icon and fill out the form. You do not need to fill out all the fields. The search can be carried out by the domain code, name, period and status.
Once the filter is set, the list will be filtered by domaim. You can clear the filter that you have previously set by clicking the "Remove filter" button.
Import domain name
If you want to import registered domain names from the other registrar into the billing panel, you may use this function. Click click the "Import" icon and fill out the following forms:
- Registrar - select the required registrar whose domain you wish to import.
The you will be prompt to fill out the form providing a project associated with this service (the field is available only in BILLmanager Corporate).
Depending on the selected registrar the forms will vary. You will need to enter the information required for importing the domains of a particular registrar.