Email filtering (ISPmanager)
Email filtering is program that is used to process incoming mail according to specified criteria. A major use for such programs is for the identification and disposal of spam. An email filter rejects emails using a large number of criteria, including the length of the email, keywords in the header of the email, the sender of the email, the size of the email, and the occurrence of certain words in the body of the text.
This module can be used to set up mail filter rules for your mailboxes.
- Back to the list of mailboxes
- View a list of filters
- Create email filter
- Edit filter parameters
- Delete filter
- Filter rules
View a list of filters
- Name - name of the mailbox filter.
Create email filter
To create a new filter, click the "New" icon and fill out the form:
- Name - enter the name for the new mail filter
- Place before - select the order of the filer rules. Please note that the results are based on the order of the rules. Incoming email is processed successively, depending on the specified order. If you wish to locate it at the end of the list, select ***place to the end***.
- Condition parameter - select the part of the message that will be checked.
- Condition value - enter the value (line) that the filter will use based on the settings you have made above.
- Condition type - select a rule that the filter will use to check a message.
- Supported action - select the action that will be taken when a rule is matching the condition:
- forward - forwards mail to an address specified below.
- delete - delete the message.
- redirect to a program - enter the path to the program and its parameters (if necessary). The message will be redirected to the program (stdin).
- save to IMAP folder - select an IMAP folder where all the message that meet the filter's conditions will be located. If the required folder does not exist, create a new one, by selecting ***new folder***.
- To IMAP folder - move message to IMAP folder.
- New IMAP folder - enter the name for the new IMAP folder.
- To E-Mail - this field is shown, if "forward" was selected. All the incoming messages that meet the filter parameters will be sent to this e-mail address.
- Program - this field is shown, if "redirect to a program" was selected. Enter the path to the program and its parameters (if necessary). The message will be redirected to the program (stdin).
- Use a copy - select the check ox if you want to check this message with other filters.
Edit filter parameters
To edit a filter, locate the filter you wish to edit, click the "Edit" icon and modify the settings you want to change.
To delete a filter, select it from the list and click the "Delete" icon. Confirm that you want to delete the selected filter by clicking OK in the following form.