File manager (ISPmanager)
The File manager module is specially designed to work with a file system through the web-interface.
The file manager provides you with multiple functions that you can use to manage you files and folders, such as creating, changing parameters, deleting, archiving, cutting and coping, downloading and uploading, etc.
To navigate through the file system you need to double-click the name of the folder you want to enter. After that you will see its content. To return to the previous page, click the "Back" icon.
- View a list of files and directories
- Create new file/directory
- View file/directory content
- Change file/directory parameters
- Delete file/directory
- Extract files from archive
- Archive file/directory
- Scanning for viruses
- Cut files
- Copy files
- Paste files
- Download files
- Upload files
- Refresh the list
- Change directory
View a list of files and directories
- Name - name and type of file or folder:
- - file
- - symlink
- - folder
- - tar archive format
- - gzip archive format
- - bzip2 archive format
- - zip archive format
- - arj archive format
- - rar archive format
- Permissions - additional parameters of the file (for example it displays a marker for files and folders that are not to be added into archive).
- Owner - owner of this file or folder.
- Group - group to which a file or folder is assigned.
- Size - file size.
- Changed - date when the file was modified.
Create new file/directory
To create a new file or folder, click the "New" icon and fill out the form:
- Type - select the type you want to add (file, folder, zip archive, rar archive, tar archive, symlink).
- Name - enter the name for the file or folder.
- Value - enter the name for the referenced file or folder. The field is displayed if Semlink was selected in the "Type" field.
View file/directory content
To view the folder directory, select the appropriate line from the list and click the "Edit" icon.
- Encoding - select the file encoding. It is a set of symbols that are used to view and store data. 256 Kb is the maximum size of a file. If the file has .log (.gz) extension, it is a log-file. These files are read-only.
If you want to reopen the file using the selected encoding, click OK. Click Сancel to continue without changing the encoding.
Change file/directory parameters
To edit file or folder parameters, select it from the list, click "Attributes" and fill out the form:
- Name - file or folder name.
- User - select name of the file or folder user. The filed is only available for server administrators.
- Group - select a group that will owe file or directory. The filed is available only for server administrators.
- Recursive - select a required recursion type:
- no recursion - do not change the current setting.
- change owner only - change the owner of directories and their contents, without changing access permissions. If selected, the rest of the fields will not displayed.
- change file or folder privileges - set access permissions recursively.
- change file privileges only - change the permissions of each file inside a given folder.
- change directory privileges only - change all the permissions of each folder inside a specified directory.
- Permissions - enter the file mode as binary mask.
- User permission - user or users (UID) who created the item or whose home folder it resides in.
- Group permission - users included into the group that owes file or folder.
- Others permission - all users who can access the server.
There are three types of access permissions:
- Read - view or download files, get files list of the folder.
- Write - edit the contents of files, add or remove items from folders.
- Execute - run files, access to the folder content. You cannot get files list of the folder.
Extract files from archive
To extract all the files and directories from the archive to the current folder, select a records and click the "Extract" icon.
To extract several files or replace them to another directory, enter the archive, mark the proper records and select the function to copy and move files and directories.
To archive a file, select it from the list, click the "Archive" icon and fill out the form:
- Type - select the archive type (zip archive, tar archive or rar archive).
- File name - enter the name for the file (without extension).
Scanning for viruses
This function can be used to scan a selected file or folder for viruses with an anti-virus installed on your server. To do that, select the desired file/folder from the list and click the "Scan for viruses" button. Click OK to start the scanning process.
The scanning report will be located in the /tmp directory for root, and in the home directory for other users.
Once completed, a new message will be displayed on the top of the table. Follow the "More information" link to view the detailed information concerning scanning results.
To delete a file or folder, select it from the list and click the "Delete" icon. Confirm that you want to delete the selected file or directory by clicking "OK" in the following window.
To download a file from the server, select it from the list and click the "Download" icon.
To upload a file to the server, enter the folder to which you want to paste a file, click the "Upload" icon and fill out the form:
- Type- select the type of upload:
- URL of the file located on another compute
- URL - enter the URL to the file you want to upload to the current folder, for example: http://example.com/dir/file.html.
- local computer file
- URL of the file located on another compute
- File name - enter the name of the file you want to upload. If you leave the field empty, the name will be taken from the file's URL
Refresh the list
This function can be used to refresh the list of files and folders. To do that, click the "Fresh" icon.
This function can be used to switch to a required directory. To do that, click the "Change" icon and fill out the form like this:
- Enter full directory path - enter the full path of the desired directory. Please note, that this directory must exist.