The "General settings" module can be used to configure BILLmanager parameters, such as username, theme, language, time zone, IP-addresses from which a customer will be able to gain access to the control panel and so on.
See also Getting started with BILLmanager to learn more.
Either click the "Control panel settings" icon on the control panel or go to the Control panel settings module and fill out the following form:
- Username - user name that a customer uses to log in to the system. The field is read-only.
- E-mail for notifications - enter an e-mail address that will receive notifications from the Support center and billing system.
- Theme - select a suitable interface skin for icons, images and color of the control panel.
- Language - as the control panel can be localized into different languages, you may choose the default interface language among those available in the control panel. The language you select will be used in the navigation menu, system messages, hints, etc.
- Time zone - select a local time zone that you wish to be used when viewing date and time information in the server.
- Password - enter a password to log in to the system. The password can be randomly generated by the system. To get one, click a special button next to the field.
- Re-enter password - retype the password to ensure it has been entered correctly. If it was generated by the system, confirmation is set automatically.
- Access to control panel - you can select who will be able to access your account:
- Allow for any IP-address - access to to the control panel is allowed for all IP-addresses.
- Allow for listed IP-addresses - you can allow access to the control panel to specified IP-addresses only.
- Allowed IP-addresses - provide IP-addresses that are allowed to access the billing panel. You can enter a single IP-address, (220.127.116.11), a mask (18.104.22.168/24) or a range (22.214.171.124-126.96.36.199).
- Start page - select a page, which you move to once logged in.
- Rows per page - provide the default number of rows that will be displayed on pages.
- Number of records - provide the number of records that will be displayed on tables. We recommend that you not provide a large number of records, because it may affect the system performance.
- Toolbar view - select the desired way of displaying the icons:
- icons with description - icons with descriptions will be displayed on the toolbar by default (setup parameter DefaultButtonView button|buttontext). This will help new customers to easily navigate through the control panel.
- icons only - only icons will be displayed.
- Do not show the confirmation window when sending a response - select the check box not to use confirmation before sending a new ticket response by pressing hot keys.
- Sound on new ticket - select the check box to play a sound when a new ticket is posted.
- Use avatar - select the check box to allow your users to use avatars. You may use png, jpg, jpeg and gif files. The maximum allowed file size is 64 kb and 80x80 pixels.