General settings (ISPmanager)
In the General settings module you provide certain parameters to run ISPmanager. You can change a username, select a language and theme, restrict access to the control panel from specified IP-addresses, etc.
- Username - login of the user whose settings you are modifying.
- E-mail for confirmations - enter an email address that will be used for various notifications from the support system.
- Theme - select a suitable interface skin for icons, images and color of the control panel.
- Language - as the control panel can be localized into different languages, you may choose the default interface language among those available in the control panel. The language you select will be used in the navigation menu, system messages, hints, etc.
- Password - enter a password to log in to the system. The password can be randomly generated by the system. To get one, click a special button next to the field.
- Re-enter password - retype the password to ensure it has been entered correctly. If it was generated by the system, confirmation is set automatically.
- Access to control panel - you can select who will be able to access your account:
- Allow for any IP-address - access to to the control panel is allowed for all IP-addresses.
- Allow for listed IP-addresses - you can allow access to the control panel to the certain IP-addresses.
- Allowed IP-addresses - provide IP-addresses that are allowed to access the panel. You can enter a single IP-address, (22.214.171.124), a mask (126.96.36.199/24) or a range (188.8.131.52-184.108.40.206).
- Start page - select a page which you move to once logged in.
- Rows per page - provide the default number of rows that will be displayed on pages.
- Number of records - provide the number of records that will be displayed on tables. We recommend that you not provide a large number of records, because it may affect the system performance.
- Toolbar view - select the desired way of displaying the icons:
- icons with captions - icons and captions will be displayed on the toolbar by default (setup parameter DefaultButtonView button|buttontext). This will help new customers to easily navigate through the control panel.
- icons only - only icons will be displayed.
Pay special attention to the information you enter. In case of incorrect data You won't be able to access the control panel.