The Item types is a list of all products and services provided to customers and available for order. In this module you can use a wide range of features for management: add new item types, edit parameters of the existing ones, view and edit item type's content. The list of the items will be used when creating a package.
See also the article BILLmanager initial setup.
- View a list of item types
- Create new item type
- Edit item type
- Delete item type
- Item type parameters
View a list of item types
- ID - item type unique identifier.
- Name - item type name.
- Internal name - internal name of the item that is used in the system.
Create new item type
To create a new item type, click the "New" icon and fill out the following form:
- Name - enter the name for the item type.
- Internal name - enter the name for the item type that will be used in the system.
- Processing module - select a module for order processing.
- Link to documentation - enter a link to a documentation page describing this item.
- Auto-suspension period - enter the period in days to suspend this service automatically.
- Delete due orders in - enter period in days to delete due orders.
- Server required - check the box, if this item requires a server to be placed on.
- Reason for deletion - select the check box to ask customers why they want to delete their service.
- Phone validation required - select the check box to verify a customer's phone number before he orders a service. For more information please read the Fraud protection article.
- Delete upon expiration - select the check box to delete a service on its expiration date.
- Menu item - select the check box to create a new menu item in the "Products" section.
- Renew at special price - select the check box, if you want to renew this service at a special price. With this check box selected, go to the Package management module -> Order periods to specify a renewal cost.
- Settings - select how your clients will delete the service:
- Allow deletion - allow clients to delete their services.
- Forbid deletion - forbid clients to delete their services.
- Verify phone number before deletion - verify a customer's phone number prior to deletion. The same procedure as for fraud protection will be used.
- Trial version - select how a trial license for this item type will be used:
- One trial version per this item type - clients will be able to order only one trial version of the selected item type.
- One trial version per package group - clients will be able to order a trial version of the selected item type in every package group.
- For every service - clients will be able to order a trial version for every service.
- One per package - clients will be able to create a trial license per package.
- Priority - provide a priority to sort out the list of item types.
- Expense name template - enter a template that will be used to form a name and describe the service you provide in accounting documents. For more information please read the article Forming expense names.
- Split expenses - select the check box to split an expense by months if a customers pays for a period larger than a month.
- Show the cost - select the check box to show the service cost on the list. This option cannot be used for custom services, SSL certificates, domains names and software licenses.
- Divide by package groups - select the check box to allow a customer to choose a package group when ordering a service. This option can be useful if you have many packages.
Edit item type
To edit an item type, locate the item type you wish to edit, click the "Edit" icon and modify the settings you want to change.
For "Shared hosting" the following fields are also available:
- Disk threshold notification - select the check box to generate the alert if the disk space for shared hosting is reaching the threshold.
- Disk threshold - enter the disk threshold in percent. When exceeded, the corresponding alert will be generated.
- Do not add ordered domains to hosting accounts - do not add ordered domain names to a hosting account.
For "Virtual servers" the following fields are also available:
- Do not add disk space - select the check box not to add disk space when it is reaching the limit.
- Add - select the amount you want to add.
Delete item type
To delete an item type, select it from the list and click the "Delete" icon. Confirm that you wish to delete the item type by clicking OK on the following form.