If a customer encounters any problems when running a software product he can:
- try to find the information he needs in the Software Documentation;
- watch Video tutorials;
- submit a trouble ticket to Technical support.
A Knowledge base can give users easy access to troubleshooting information, articles, answers to frequently asked questions and so forth. Using the "Knowledge base" module, a user can himself find solutions to his problems or questions. For example, he can find an article describing the error he encountered and how it can be solved.
The knowledge base may also include information that can be helpful for technical support specialists.
This module allows add and edit articles.
- View a list of categories
- Create category
- Edit category
- Delete category
- Projects for category
- Set filter
View a list of categories
- ID - category unique identifier.
- Category - name of the category of the knowledge base.
To add a new category, click the "Create" icon and fill out the form:
- Name - provide a name for the knowledge base. You can use any name you like, for example according to the control panel you are going to describe in the articles.
- Position - provide a position of the newly created category on the list.
To edit a category of the knowledge base, locate one you wish to edit, click the "Edit" icon and modify the settings you want to change.
To delete a category of the knowledge base, select it from the list and click the "Delete" icon. Confirm that you wish to delete the category by clicking OK on the following form.
You can use the list filter to search the information about category by specific parameters. To initiate searching, click the "Filter" icon and provide a name of the knowledge base.
Once the filter is set, the list will be filtered by knowledge base. You can clear the filter that you have previously set by clicking "Remove filter" button.