When a user requests any resource from a web-server, the server should provide the file type of its answer to inform Client browser how to process it. Every file type has a corresponding line - MIME-type (Multpurpose Internet Mail Extension).
A server normally comes supplied with a rather full set of MIME types. For example, most servers handle MIME-type text/html as htm, html and shtml extensions. Thus your browser interprets all the files with this extension as HTML files. But as long as new technologies come out, you may need to use new file types.
Using this module you can add new MIME-types and provide extensions that correspond to these files.
View a list of file types
- WWW domain - associated WWW domain for which the file type was set up.
- Data type - name of the MIME-type.
- File extension - corresponding file extension.
Add new MIME type
To add a new MIME type, click the "New" icon and fill out the following form:
- Domain - enter a WWW domain for which you wish to create a new file type
- Data type - enter a MIME-type name.
- File extension - enter the corresponding file extension.
Edit MIME type parameters
To edit a MIME type, locate the MIME type you wish to edit, click the "Edit" icon and modify the settings you want to change.
Delete MIME types
To delete the MIME type, select it from the list and click the "Delete" icon. Confirm that you want to delete the selected MIME type by clicking OK in the following form.