Mailboxes of the e-mail domain
An Mailbox is the part of a memory on the mail server that is used to receive and store e-mail from users that was sent to an e-mail address associated with a certain mailbox. POP3 or IMAP protocols are used for delivery of mail.
The module can be used to manage mailboxes associated with your domain: you may add new mailboxes, edit existing ones, enable or disable them, configure the Microsoft Outlook Express parameters.
- Back to the list of e-mail domains
- View a list of mailboxes
- Create new mailbox
- Edit mailbox parameters
- Edit auto-responder parameters
- Email filtering
- Delete mailbox
- Purge mailbox
- Enable the selected mailbox
- Disable the selected mailbox
- Microsoft Outlook Express configuration
- List filter
View a list of mailboxes
- Name - mailbox name.
- Status - properties and current status if the mailbox:
- - the selected mailbox is active.
- - the selected mailbox is not active.
- - the auto-responder is active.
- - incoming e-mail will be redirected to another mailbox.
- - Anti-spam is active for this mailbox.
- - Anti-spam is not active or this mailbox.
- - Spamassassin is active for this mailbox.
- - Spamassassin is not active for this mailbox.
- - notes were made for this mailbox.
- Size - disk space occupied by the mailbox (used/limit).
Create new mailbox
To add a new mailbox, click the "New" icon and fill out the form:
- Name - enter the name of this mailbox. This is the part of the e-mail address before the @ sign. You can use letters, digits and the - and . signs.
- Domain - select the domain name for this mailbox.
- Aliases - enter the name of the alias(es) that you want to add for this mailbox. You can add unlimited number of aliases, space separatedю
- Password - provide the password to access the mail box.
- Re-enter password - retype the password to ensure that it has been entered correctly.
- Size - enter the maximum amount of disk space that can be used by this mailbox.
- Send a copy to - enter the e-mail address where all incoming e-mails will be forwarded to. You can add unlimited e-mail addresses, space separated.
- Don't save incoming e-mails - check the box if you do not want to save received e-mails in this mailbox. This option can only be used when forwarding is active.
- Enable greylist - check the box the to activate Greylisting. The check box is selected by default when creating a mailbox if you are using Exim. More information about this mechanism can be found in the article Greylisting.
- Enable SpamAssassin - select the check box to activate Spamassassin to check incoming email.
Anti-spam allows to trace, filter out and delete spam messages coming to your mailbox.
- Email limit - provide the maximum number of email messages that user is allowed to send from this mailbox per hour.
Field for additional information.
Edit mailbox parameters
To edit a mailbox, locate the mailbox you wish to edit, click the "Edit" icon and modify the settings you want to change.
Note: the "Name" and the "Domain name" fields are not included into the edit from, because you cannot edit the mailbox's name and its domain.
Edit auto-responder parameters
You may use this function to automatically send messages in reply to any incoming message if you cannot check you mailbox for a while.
You may use the auto-responder to leave vacation notices, notifications and technical messages for your clients.
To view the auto responder messages, select the mailbox from the list, click the "Responder" icon and fill out the form:
- From - enter a name and e-mail address that will be specified as a sender address in the auto-responder message, such as email@example.com.
- Subject - specify a subject of the auto-responder message.
- Message - enter an auto-responder text. Leaving this field blank will disable the auto-responder.
- Enable auto responder message - check the box to enable the auto-responder.
To delete a mailbox, select it from the list and click the "Delete" icon. Confirm that you want to delete the selected mailbox by clicking "OK" in the following window.
The function is used to delete the messages of the mailbox. Select the required mailbox and click the "Clear" icon. Confirm that you want to delete the messages of the selected mailbox by clicking "OK" in the following window.
Microsoft Outlook Express configuration
With this function you may configure your Microsoft Outlook Express mail client manually or automatically. To download Microsoft Outlook Express settings of the selected mailbox click the "Outlook" icon. The following form will be displayed:
- Outlook Express (POP3) - click the link for auto configuration of a POP3 mailbox in Microsoft Outlook Express. Once you have downloaded the file, you will have to execute it.
- Outlook Express (IMAP) - сlick the link for auto configuration of an IMAP mailbox in Microsoft Outlook Express. Once you have downloaded the file, you will have to execute it.
Follow the instructions for Microsoft Outlook Express mailbox parameters manual configuration:
- User name - specify the value in the mailbox account's settings.
- Incoming mail server - specify the value in the incoming mail server settings (POP3 or IMAP).
- Outgoing mail server - specify the value in the outgoing mail server settings (SMTP).
If you failed to configure Outlook Express using the script, refer to the article Configuring Outlook Express to configure it manually.
You can use the list filter to search the information about mailbox by specific parameters. To initiate searching, click the "Filter" icon and fill out the form. You do not need to fill out all the fields. This search can be carried out by the mailbox name, its current status, email domain or size.
Once the filter is set, the list will be filtered by the selected mailbox. You can clear the filter that you have previously set by clicking the "Remove filter" button.