Migrating virtual server to XEN and KVM
Before you start migrating make sure the following requirements are met:
The target server
- has enough free space for the /tmp directory,
- has enough RAM to start a VPS,
- Integration with ISPsystem software products should be set in the same way as on the source server,
- networks for IP-addresses that will be migrated to a new server should be specified in the configuration of the target server.
The source server
- set up a pair of SSH-keys to access the target server:
VDSmanager searches for the SSH-keys to access the server in the following order:
On the source server create a pair of keys named default (you can also use the hostname to which a VPS is to be migrated)
ssh-keygen -b 2048 -f /usr/local/ispmgr/etc/keys/default
Use the empty password.
Specify the password on the target server:
cat /usr/local/ispmgr/etc/keys/default.pub | ssh <ip-to-destination-server> "cat >> /root/.ssh/authorized_keys"
When you are done, you can start migrating the VPS (click the button "Migrate VPS to remote server").