A plug-in is an add-on for a program that adds a specific feature or service to it. For example, browser plug-ins, such as Macromedia Flash or Apple QuickTime allow you to play certain multimedia files within your Web browser. Adobe's Acrobat, a document presentation and navigation program enables you to view documents as they look in the print medium.
ISPmanager enables you to download and install a plug-in to view the processes that are currently running on your system, or the one that enables you to execute shell commands.
This module can be used to manage your plug-ins: you can install or delete a plug-in, update it and add sources from which a desired plug-in can be downloaded.
Note This module is only available for administrators with superuser privileges.
More information about plug-ins can be found on Developer documentation page.
- View a list of plug-ins
- Install plug-in
- Plug-in information
- Update plug-in
- Delete plug-in
- Plug-in's source
View a list of plug-ins
- Plug-in name - the name of the plug-in.
- Brief description - a brief description of the plug-in.
- Version - the latest version of the plug-in.
To learn the information about a plug-in, select it and click the "Info" icon. The following form will be displayed:
- Detailed description - description of the plug-in functionality.
- Programming language - programming language that was used to write this plug-in.
- Required modules - supplementary packages for this plug-in.
- Author - name of the developer of this plug-in.
- Support home page (or "Contact information) - clicking the "Support home page" link will open the page with more detailed infromation about this plug-in. It can be a web-site, forum post or blog. Otherwise, the "Contact information" field with the developer's email will displayed.
This function can be used to update your plug-ins. Select the required plug-in and click the "Update" icon. Confirm that you want to update the selected plug-in by clicking OK on the following form.
Please note, that the ISPsystem company is not liable for performance and security of these plug-ins. Developers of the plug-ins should bear all the responsibility.
If you want to delete a plug-in, select one from the list and click the "Delete" icon. Confirm that you want to delete the selected plug-in by clicking OK on the following form.