Password protected directories
This feature allows you to restrict the access to certain directories for specified users . You can protect directories of a WWW domain with a username and password. So, this feature allows to gain access only for the authorized users.
This module can be used to add protected directories, delete them, add authorized users and manage them.
- View a list of protected directories
- Add protected directory
- Delete password protection
- Manage users of the protected directory
View a list of protected directories
- Path - path to the protected directory.
Add protected directory
To add a protected directory, click the "Add" icon and fill out the form:
- Path - enter the path to the directory you want to protect with a username and password (for example: /www/domainname.com/directoryname).
If there are more than 100 directories, the text field where you should add the directory manually will be displayed. The path is specified against the user's home directory, such as /www/mydomain.com/webstat.
Delete password protection
To delete a password protection from the directory, select it from the list and click the "Delete" icon. Confirm that you want to delete protection from the selected directory by clicking OK in the following form.