A Domain name registrar is an organization accredited by the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), authorized to register the domain names chosen by web-site owners and make them available on the Internet.
The billing panel can support integration with a number of domain registrars. This module can be used to manage domain name registrars that helps you to automate domains registration routine: you can add new registrars, edit and delete existing ones, import registered domains from other registrars.
If you wish to add your own registrars to the billing system, please read the article Creating additional modules for domain registrars.
View a list of registrars
- ID - registrar unique identifier.
- Name - registrar name.
- Balance of account
Add new registrar
To add a new registrar, click the "New" icon and fill out the following form. Depending on the registrar selected, the forms may vary:
- Name - enter a registrar's name.
- E-mail - enter the registrar's e-mail that will receive documents for verification. More information can be found in the article Verifying domain documents.
- URL - enter the registrar's interface URL.
- Username - enter a username to log in to the system.
- Password - enter a password to log in to the system.
- Responsible department - provide a responsible department that will receive low balance notifications and error messages if an attempt to process a domain name fails.
- Send error message - select the check box to send error messages if processing of domain names fails.
- Restart operations - select the check box to restart the operation rather then send an error messages or roll back the operation.
- Check balance - select the check box to check the current balance of account of the registrar. The field is only displayed if the registrar provides this function.
- Minimum balance - provide the minimum balance of account. When reached, the low balance notification will be sent to a responsible department.
To edit a registrar, locate the one you wish to edit, click the "Edit" icon and modify the settings you want to change.
To delete a registrar, select it from the list and click the "Delete" icon. Confirm that you wish to delete the registrar by clicking OK on the following form.