Server management (DSmanager)
In the Web hosting business a dedicated server typically is the rental and exclusive use of an entire physical server that includes a web server, software, and the Internet connection. Dedicated servers are most often housed in data centers. Getting a dedicated server means you do not have to share system resources (such as CPU, memory and so on) with anyone else. Such servers are needed for web sites that may develop a considerable amount of traffic (for example, for those that handle up to 35 million hits a day). Normally, you have full control of your dedicated server, including root access and server administration. The server can be configured and managed remotely from a client's company.
See also Working with DSmanager.
This module can be used for your dedicated servers management. You can use a wide range of features, for example, you may add a new dedicated server or edit parameters of an existing one, grant or deny access to servers, reinstall the operating system that is installed on a dedicated server, manage its IP-addresses, etc.
- View the dedicated servers list
- List filter
- Add new server (this feature is not available for a dedicated server owner)
- Edit dedicated server
- Delete dedicated server (this feature is not available for a dedicated server owner)
- Recover the system
- Reinstall operating system on the server
- Reboot servers
- Enable server
- Disable server
- Manage dedicated server IP-addresses
- Server equipment (this feature is available only for dedicated server administrator)
- Switch to Dedicated Server (this feature is not available for a dedicated server owner)
View the dedicated servers list
- Id - dedicated server unique identifier.
- MAC - MAC-address of the network interface.
- Type - dedicated server type. You may add more types in the Dedicated server types module.
- Location - location of this server in the rack.
- Owner - name of the control panel user owning this server.
- Parameters - current state of this server:
- - server is disabled by Administrator.
- - server's label or its number in the rack.
- - server power is switched on.
- - server power is switched off.
- - server is connected to the network.
- - server is disconnected from the network.
- - server status is unknown.
- - server is connected to IPMI.
- - server is connected to the KVM.
- - installation in progress.
- IP-address - IP-address of the dedicated server network interface.
- Alias IP-addresses - additional IP-address of the dedicated server network interface. You can add more addresses in the [] module.
- Server Name - server name that will display on the list.
- Operating system - operating system installed on the dedicated server.
- Configuration - information concerning server configuration.
The Server list filter is intended for search for the information about a dedicated server by specific parameters. To initiate searching, click the "Filter" icon and fill out the form. The search can be carried out by its Type, Owner, Power, IP address, MAC address, Server name, Configuration, Location, OS installed or Notes.
Once the filter is set, on the control panel You can see the field with filter parameters and the "Remove filter" button. Clicking this button will cancel the filter.
Delete dedicated server
To delete a dedicated server, select it from the list and click the "Delete" icon. Confirm that you want to delete the selected dedicated server by clicking OK on the following form.
Recover the system
If you wish to recover the system, locate the dedicated server and click the "Recover" icon. Confirm that you want to recover the system by clicking OK on the following form. Once you are done, the server will be booted from the network disk.
In order to reboot a dedicated server, select the one and click the "Reboot" icon. Confirm that you want to reboot the selected dedicated server by clicking OK on the following form.
Please note, if any of the dedicated servers was not rebooted, make sure that it is connected to the power switches.
To enable a dedicated server, select it from the list and click the "Enable" icon. Clicking "OK" will connect all the selected servers to the network switch.
In order to disable a dedicated server, select it from the list and click the "Disable" icon. Clicking "OK" will disconnect all the selected servers from the network switch.
Please note, you do not turn the server power off by disconnecting this server from the network.
Switch to Dedicated Server
Sometimes You may need to access the control panel as any user. To do so, select him from the list and click the "Enter" icon.
Once logged in, You may view and use the control panel as the selected user.
To return to your level, use the link next to the welcome line.