The "Services" module lists all the services that you can order. This list includes:
- Virtual Private Servers (VPS/VDS)
- VPS reselling
- Dedicated servers
- DNS hosting
- Shared hosting
- Hosting reselling
- SSL certificates
A number of services have the same interface, order and management forms, that's why this article covers interface description for multiple services.
Please note that some forms may differ depending on the service you want to order. In this module you will find information about the parameters that are common for all the services.
- View a list of services
- Set up service
- Edit service parameters
- Renew service
- Delete service
- Edit service configuration
- Service IP -addresses
- Network ports - for "Colocation" only
- Equipment - for "Colocation" only
- Activate the service
- Suspend the service
- Filter the list
- Filter by customer
- Service history
- Send message
- Switch to external panel
- Switch to the server control panel
- Switch to Customer panel
- Welcome letter
View a list of services
- ID - service unique identifier.
- Domain name - domain name. Once the server is activated, it may contain any number of domains.
- Package - service package.
- Account - customer who has ordered the service
- Status - current service status:
- Ordered - service has been ordered, but not activated yet (e.g. the payment has not been made out).
- Active - service is active.
- Suspended - service has been suspended for any reason.
- In-progress - service is being processed, e.g. it is being activated, modifying or running. Refresh the page to see a new status of the service.
Set up service
You can use this function to manually set up the service that your customer has ordered. To do that, select a service and click the "Install" icon. The form will vary depending on the service selected. Once you have provided all the parameters and have clicked OK, the service will be installed on the server.
Edit service parameters
To edit a service, select it from the list, click the "Edit" icon and modify the information:
- Package - select a service package.
- User name - user who ordered the service.
- Domain - provide a domain name of he service.
- IP-address - IP-address assigned to this service.
- Creation date - date when the service was set up. The field is read-only.
- Applied server - select a server that will process the newly created service.
- Note - provide additional information related to the server.
- Forbid clients to change their current package - select the check box to prevent your clients from upgrading or downgrading their current package themselves.
- Block - select the check box to forbid your customers to activate the service that was suspended by administrator.
Please note, that the SSL certificate edit form differs from that of other services.
If the auto update function is not active you will have to renew it manually, when your service expires. To do that, select a service and click the "Renew" icon.
- Validity period - select the length of the registration period.
- Cost - depending on the period specified, the renewal cost will be set automatically.
- Pay by - select a desired payment method:
- Current balance - this function is available, if you have already made payments, and there is sufficient amount of money on your personal account.
- Add to the order... - if You have orders already, you can pay for several orders at a time.
- Crate new account - create a new account, which can be viewed and paid in the Orders module.
To delete a service, select it from the list and click the "Delete" icon. Confirm that you wish to delete the service by clicking OK on the following form.
Note you can only delete the "Ordered" service. You cannot delete the active service. To do that, contact your provider via the Support Center by submitting a ticket requesting your provider to do so.
Filter the list
You can use the list filter to search the information about service by specific parameters. To initiate searching, click the "Filter" icon and fill out the form. You do not need to fill out all the fields. This search can be carried out by the server number, domain name, IP-address, cost and status.
Once the filter is set, the list will be filtered by this service. You can clear the filter that you have previously set by clicking the "Remove filter" button.
Filter by customer
You can use this function to set filter by customer. Click the "Filter" icon. Then the filter will be set throughout the billing.
Once the filter is set, the list will be filtered by customer. You can clear the filter that you have previously set by clicking "Remove filter" button.
You can send messages to your customers through the billing system. You can send them to a single customer or to all your customers. Click the "Message" icon and fill out the form.
- Category - select a category associated with your message. For more information, please read the Categories module.
- Forbid clients to answer in tickets - select the check box to forbid your clients to post into news letters. With this check box selected, the "Automatically assign new tickets to me" wont't display.
- Automatically move ticket to me when new message arrives - check the box to assign tickets to a particular administrator.
- Send only to customers of the corresponding language - select the check box to send your message to the customers who provided a certain language in the general settings.
- Abuse - select the check box if this is an abuse ticket. After that the "Parameters" tab will be displayed. The "Abuse" filed is displayed if you activated "Abuse" in the Features module.
- Subject - enter the message theme.
- Text - type the text of your message. You may use a pre-defined template for the message that you can create in the Message template module. Follow the "Auto complete" link to select the text you wish to use in your message.
The following macros can be used in the message:
- %client_person% - will be changed into a customer's first name.
- %admin_name% - will be changed into an administrator's name.
- Show additional fields - click the link to view the hidden fields.
- Attach files - provide a file you want to attach to the news or select one you need by clicking the "Search" button. You can then attach this file to an email notification.
The "Parameters" tab
- Deadline - the client must resolve the issue described in the abuse ticket util this date.
- Action - if the client fails to resolve the issue, select the action that should be taken:
- Suspend client's services - all of the client's services will be suspended.
- Remove into the Active tickets module
- Penalty points - enter penalty points.
- Notes - provide any information related to this abuse ticket.
Switch to external panel
With this function you may switch to VDSmanager, the control panel that was specially designed to manage virtual private servers. To do that, select the virtual server from the list and click the "VDSmgr" icon.
More information about the VDSmanager control panel can be found in our Documentation.
Switch to the server control panel
You can install ISPmanager on the server to manage your service.
To switch to the ISPmanager server control panel, select the service and click the "To server" icon. ISPmanager interface will be displayed in a new browser window.
More information about ISPmanager can be found in our Documentation.
Note: if ISPmanager is not used to manage a virtual private server, this button will be hidden.
Switch to Customer panel
Sometimes You may need to access the control panel with user access privileges. Select him from the list and click the "Enter" icon.
Once logged in, You may view and manage the control panel as the selected customer.
To return to your login level, click the link next to the welcome line.
Using this function you can view a welcome letter that will be sent to your customers when they purchase a service.
Once the service has been activated, the welcome message will be emailed to your customer. It contains all information on how to access and configure the service.