The Updates module is a central place for storing all the information relating to changes in the control panel.
We modify our control panels at some point at a regular interval. When a change occurs, the information relating to the change needs to be recorded. This helps you to monitor and control the effect of that change on the system. The change log allows to describe all the change information in a clear and structured format. Often a new bug can be found by looking at what was recently changed.
In this module you may view the list of release version and choose how you want to handle updates. The "Updates" module gives a clear explanation of how the earlier version differs from the current one. You can select a software release depending on what you value, stability or update frequency. You may restore the required version from a backup copy, as well. Normally, new control panel version includes bug fixes, improvements, new features and changes.
Note: only the control panel will be automatically updated. Other software installed on your server won't be updated.
If a newer version of the control panel is available, a corresponding link will be shown at the top of the table.
View a list of versions
- Version - the latest version of the control panel.
- Release date - date when the latest version was released.
- Number of changes - number of changes included into the latest version of the control panel.
- Backup date - date when a backup copy of the selected version was made.
This function can be used to downgrade to an older release version of the control panel. You may use this function if you have any problems with a newer version and would like to use the earlier one. You can roll back to the version that was originally installed on your server, i.e. you cannot roll back to an earlier version.
Select the release version you want to downgrade to and click the "Roll back" icon. Confirm that you want to downgrade by clicking OK in the following form.
If the selected version has not been backed up,you won't be able to rolled back to this version. Once your version has been downgraded, all the previous backup copies will be automatically deleted.
This function can be used to view information about the software version and edit update settings. Click the "Settings" icon and fill out the following form:
- Operating system - operating system running on the web server, which allows the server to operate.
- Current version - version of the control panel currently running on your server.
- Compilation date - date and time when the control panel was compiled.
- Version type - select the required type of the control panel stability:
- beta - this version is tested, but some functionality may be messing.
- stable - this version has been tested and verified, and received public exposure.
- Latest version - the latest version of the control panel.
- Mirror - select a server where the installation files are stored.
- Automatic update - select the check box to if you want the control panel to automatically download and install available updates.
- Update now - this check box will be displayed if a new version is available for you software product. Select the check box to download and install the update.
This function can be used to update the control panel. Click the "Update" icon to start searching for the control panel updates that will be installed, if any.
You may continue using the panel. If any updates are found, you will be notified about installation of a new version.
If one or several errors occurred during the update process, you will see a corresponding banner on the toolbar. Clicking the "More information" link will redirect you to the form with detailed information about the errors. You can report the errors to the control panel's developers if necessary.