User management (for provider)
A customer can create user accounts to perform various actions in the billing panel. The module User management allows you to edit users' properties, change their access permissions, enable and disable their accounts, drill down to user panel, and much more.
- View a list of users
- Edit user data
- Delete user
- Enable the selected user
- Disable the selected user
- Contact details
- User access permissions
- Remote support departments
- Set filter
- Filter the users list
- Send message
- Switch to User panel
View a list of users
- ID - user unique identifier.
- Username - username that is used to gain access to the system.
- Full name - real name associated with the user account.
- E-mail - e-mail address for notifications.
- Account - customer account that this user belongs to.
- Status - user current status:
Edit user data
To edit a user, locate the user you wish to edit, click the "Edit" icon and modify the settings you want to change.
- Username - enter a username to gain access to BILLmanager.
- Full name - enter a full name of the user associated with the account.
- Email - enter the e-mail of the customer for notifications.
- Receive - provide a time range to receive sms notifications.
- Password - enter the password to log into the system. The password can be randomly generated by the system. To get one, click a special button next to the field.
- Re-type - re-type the password to ensure it has been entered correctly. If it was randomly generated, confirmation is set automatically.
- Superuser - select the check box to grant superuser permissions to this user.
- Remote technical support - select the check box to enable remote technical support. For more information, please read the article External technical support.
- Login - enter the username to gain access to remote BILLmanager.
- Password - enter the password to gain access to remote BILLmanager.
- URL - enter the URL to remote BILLmanager.
- Use avatar - select the check box to use avatar for this user account. You may use png, jpg, jpeg and gif files. The maximum allowed file size is 64 kb and 80x80 pixel
To delete a user, select him and click the "Delete" icon. Confirm that you wish to delete the user by clicking OK on the following form.
You can use this function to set filter by customer. Click the "Filter" icon.
Once the filter is set, the list will be filtered by customer. You can clear the filter that you have previously set by clicking the "Remove filter" button.
Filter the users list
You can use the list filter to search the information about user by specific parameters. To initiate searching, click the "Filter" icon and fill out the form. You do not need to fill out all the fields. The search can be carried out by the ID, user name, real name, account, e-mail and access permissions.
Once the filter is set, the list will be filtered by user. You can clear the filter that you have previously set by clicking the "Remove filter" button.
This function can be used to send messages to your customers. You can send it to a single customer or to all your customers at a time. Click the "Message" icon and fill out the form.
- Category - select a category corresponding to the message topic. More information can be found in the Categories module.
- Forbid clients to answer in tickets - select the check box to forbid your clients to post into news letters. With this check box selected, the "Automatically assign new tickets to me" wont't display.
- Automatically assign new tickets to me - select the check box to send the ticket to a particular administrator.
- Send only to customers with the corresponding language - select the check box to send the message to customers with specified language only.
- Abuse - select the check box if this is an abuse ticket. After that the "Parameters" tab will be displayed. The "Abuse" filed is displayed if you activated "Abuse" in the Features module. Note: this filed is available only if you select a specific user from the list.
- Subject - enter the message theme.
- Text - type the text of your message. You may use a pre-defined template for the message that you can create in the Message template module. Follow the "Auto complete" link to select the text you wish to use in your message.
The following macros can be used in the message:
- %client_person% - will be changed into a customer's first name.
- %admin_name% - will be changed into an administrator's name.
- Show additional fields - click the link to view the hidden fields.
- Attach files - provide a file you want to attach to the news or select one you need by clicking the "Search" button. You can then attach this file to an email notification.
The "Parameters" tab
- Deadline - the client must resolve the issue described in the abuse ticket util this date.
- Action - if the client fails to resolve the issue, select the action that should be taken:
- Suspend client's services - all of the client's services will be suspended.
- Remove into the Active tickets module
- Penalty points - enter penalty points.
- Notes - provide any information related to this abuse ticket.
Switch to User panel
Sometimes You may need to access the control panel with user access privileges. Select him from the list and click the "Enter" icon.
Once logged in, You may view and manage the control panel as the selected user.
To return to your login level, click the link next to the welcome line.