A virtual private server (VPS, also referred to as Virtual Dedicated Server or VDS) is a method of partitioning a physical server into multiple servers. Each virtual server can run its own full-fledged operating system that runs the hosting software for a particular user. A single computer can have several VPSs, each one with its own operating system (OS) that runs the hosting software for a particular user.
The VPS management module allows you to use wide range of functions to manage the VPS services. The customer can order new virtual private servers, edit configuration of existing ones, switch to VDSmanager or ISPmanager and perform other operations.
- View a list of VPSs
- Order new VPS
- Edit VPS parameters
- Delete VPS
- Change VPS configuration
- IP -addresses
- Filter the VPS list
- Switch to the external Virtual server panel
- Switch to the server control panel
- Welcome message
- Change password
View a list of VPSs
- ID - service unique identifier.
- Domain - domain name. Once the server is activated, it may contain any number of domains.
- IP-address - main IP-address of the server. You can order additional IP-addresses for the server.
- Package - service's package.
- Status - current server status:
- Ordered - server has been ordered, but not activated yet (e.g. the payment has not been made out).
- Active - server is active.
- Suspended - server has been suspended for any reason.
- In-progress - server is being processed, e.g. is being activated, modifying or running. Refresh the page to see new status of the virtual server.
Edit VPS parameters
To edit the selected VPS parameters, select it from the list, click the "Edit" icon and modify the information:
- Package - select the service's package.
- Domain - provide a domain name of the virtual private server.
- IP-address - IP-address of the virtual private server. The field is read-only.
- Creation date - date when the VPS was created. The field is read-only.
To delete VPS, select it from the list and click the "Delete" icon. Confirm that you wish to delete the VPS by clicking OK on the following form.
Note The user can delete the server with "Ordered" status only. It is impossible to delete the activated server. To do that, contact your provider via the Support Center.
Filter the VPS list
You can use the list filter to search the information about VPS by specific parameters. To initiate searching, click the "Filter" icon and fill out the form. You do not need to fill out all the fields. This search can be carried out by the server number, domain name, IP-address, cost and status.
Once the filter is set, the list will be filtered by VPS. You can clear the filter that you have previously set by clicking the "Remove filter" button.
Switch to the external Virtual server panel
With this function you may switch to VDSmanager, the control panel that was specially designed to manage virtual private servers. To do that, select the virtual server from the list and click the "VDSmgr" icon.
More information about the VDSmanager control panel can be found on our Documentation page.
Switch to the server control panel
To switch to the server control panel, select it from the VPS list and click the "To server" icon. You will get a detailed information about available control panels and links to them.
Note: if ISPmanager is not used to manage the virtual private servers, this button will be hidden.
Once your virtual private server has been activated, the welcome message will be emailed to you. It contains all information on how to access and configure the service.
You can view the welcome letter and find the information you need by selecting the required service and clicking the "Welcome" icon.
This function can be used to change a virtual server's password. Select a server on the list and click the "Change password" icon. Confirm that you want to alter the current password for the selected server by clicking OK on the following form.
Once the password has been modified, a corresponding message will be sent to the customer's email address. The information about the new password can be also found in the Open tickets module.